Monday, July 2, 2012

The Beginning...

Approximately three to four years ago I was obese (overweight). Due to the economies financial problems, I became one unemployed. Ever since then once being unemployed everyone does what they have to do, which is search for employment. While I was seeking for employment, I decided to do something for myself, which is become healthy. The reason for me that I decided to change my health around was because I could no longer sleep in bed laying down. I had to literary sleep on the couch but sitting down. I did that for three months straight. Till one day my ex brother in law since he was working during that time, he decided to sign up for a gym membership. Of course my ex brother in law decided to ask me if I wanted to join the gym, I simply told him it would be great but I have no income. He came up with an option, he stated that he would pay the gym membership for me as long as I became his workout partner. I thought about the idea for a few minutes and I gave him the answer, which was, "Yes, we have a deal!" On Thursday evening we found the nearest gym and signed up for the membership (24 HR Fitness). Then on Friday night we decided to start going to the gym. When I enter the gym, I was amazed. Didn't know exactly where to start. In my whole entire life never been in a gym, basically a facility with all these various kinds of equipment to work your whole entire body. 

I felt a bit confused because didn't know where to start. I've seen the treadmills before, I knew about them. Didn't know about the other rest of the equipment, me seeing that was very new to me. What I decided to do first was check my weight. I never knew how much I would weight. I stepped on to the digital weight scale, then a few seconds my weight pops ups: 290 lbs / 131 kg. When I saw that number pop up on the digital scale all I could do was nod my head down. Then I stated to myself, "How did I ever let this happen to me? I thought I was 200 lbs / 91 kg." As you can tell I thought wrong. I had no idea how I let myself get obese (overweight). Here (below) is a picture of me weighing at 290 lbs / 131 kg.



                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment