Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Starting Process...

After weighing myself in the digital scale knowing very well that I weighted 290 lbs / 131 kg. I decided that for a week up to two weeks I would explore and figure out what each individual equipment would function; for what part of the body. (Me being a newbie at the gym) After those two weeks, I finally knew what equipment worked what part of the body and what I would use to benefit my health. I decided to start doing 1 hour of cardio using the treadmill, walking at a high incline, like if I was hiking. Then after that one hour of cardio, I would do the free weights. I started off with bench press then later the leg press. Now on the free weights I would do two to three hours. Every other day I would do the same thing. Till one day this guy came up to me. Told me if you wanna get skinny all you have to do is use the cardio machines. If you want to get fit do a bit of cardio and a lot of free weights. I told him that I want to get fit. He goes, "I notice you are working the same body parts over and over again. Switch up your work outs every day. If you are doing the same work outs you are tearing your muscles over and over again and you won't see any gains of muscles."  I must admit I was not disappointed when he asked me a few questions. In fact I was very glad that he notice what I did around the gym and gave me advice. Ever since he told me to switch up my work outs I decided to search on the web for a few things. I remember coming across this one site and every since then I frequently visit this site a lot: www.bodybuilding.com I found a few interesting workouts that I decided to try. Then from this point on I ended up going the gym Monday - Saturday (6 days a week) and work out three to four hours everyday. Sundays, rest days. Here (below) is another picture of me at 290 lbs / 131 kg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment